Friday, August 24, 2007

Tenth meeting:Dealing With Negative Peer Pressure

1. Cite one experience wherein you have experienced negative peer pressure.
-I've experience negative peer pressure so many times. One example is when I was in 2nd year. It was the end of the school year and my friends in the higher level have graduated that's why they held a small party in their home. I was invited to come so I did. It was evening then they decided to make the party alot more fun since they are already entering college. They decided to drink alcohol beverage. It was the gin pomelo. They have produced 1 liter of pitcher. They are drinking and I was just watching. They convinced me to join them. I joined because I thought they would get angry with me and they would think na wala nga akong pakisama kung di ko yun gagawin. So I joined them I got drunk that time and I was brought home very dizzy. I was lucky my mom was already asleep(it was late midnight when they brought me home.) so she didn't find out. After that experience I never ever tried drinking lcohol beverage again.
2. How did you react to it? Why?
-I joined because I thought they would get angry with me and they would think na wala nga akong pakisama kung di ko yun gagawin.
3. How did you feel about your reaction/decision?
-I felt bad because I know I was doing a wrong thing because I am still young that time and I drink alcohol.
4. What have you learned/realized from your experience?
-I've learned that if you know that what your doing is bad don't do it even if your friends are doing it. wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Right is right even if no one is doing it.

No comments: